Caring for students

Our school environment welcomes and respects people from all backgrounds.

Browse this section to find out how we work with you to provide a safe and caring learning environment for your child and also keep informed about support for school families.

Contacting the School - A Guide for Families

The following has been prepared as a guide for families when contacting the school. In the majority of cases related to academic performance the students subject teacher is will be the first point of contact. With regard to issues concerning the overall welfare of the student it is the Year Adviser who will need to be contacted.

Please be aware that all teachers, Head Teachers and Deputy Principals have substantial teaching loads. To ensure that these staff members are available to address your concerns please call the school in advance to make an appointment. If they are unavailable a message will be left by the front office to enable them to contact you at the first opportunity available. Thanking you in advance for your understanding.


Student performance or behaviour in a subject or course.


Concerns related to student progress/behaviour in relation to specific subjects should be first brought to the attention of the teacher/s concerned.  If this communication has not resulted in an acceptable outcome issues should be discussed with the Head Teacher of the subject/teacher concerned.

Student attendance


All notes related to attendance need to be submitted to the Attendance Office.  The Head Teacher Administration is responsible for the follow-up related to attendance issues. Application for extended leave must be applied for via an exemption form approved by the Principal. These forms are found on the school's website under "Our School" tab under "Attendance & Absences".

A school policy or practice


Issues related to whole school policy or practice can be clarified via discussion with the Principal.

Student Assistance Scheme


Application forms and submission of applications for financial assistance are undertaken via the Principal

Subject Selection/change information

Referred via the relevant Deputy Principal for that year group.

Sporting activities


Referred via the Sports Organisers Miss Nettle & Mr Edmonstone.

The actions of a member of staff (for feedback or clarification)

In the first instance it is best practice to discuss all issues directly with the staff member concerned.

Assessment related issues


Referred via the teacher teaching the course concerned. All applications for assessment extensions must be done in advance of the due date and via the teacher concerned.  Applications for Illness and Misadventure consideration must be undertaken via the Deputy Principal for the year group concerned (For Preliminary & HSC courses please see the Assessment Policy on the school's website).